Inclusion & Diversity in Open Source
Sunday, October 30 | Raleigh Convention Center
A stand-alone event dedicated to a vital topic
Free to attend but registration is required
The 2022 Inclusion & Diversity event will feature traditional talks, panel discussions and attendee Q&A around a variety of predetermined topics. Subject matter experts, community and company leaders, and technologists of all types will attend and participate. This is consistently one of the most popular programs at ATO and is very well attended.
Format and Venue
This will be an in-person event taking place in a 4th floor ballroom at the Convention Center. The current plan is to live stream the event to the virtual platform as well. If that changes we will notify our community immediately.
As always, the in-person component is FREE to attend – no strings attached. But, registration is required. The live stream will be free to watch as well, but registration for the virtual event is required to access the virtual environment.
Post-Event Networking Social
A post-event networking social will follow the day’s programming. The wonderful team at Intel is making it possible. More details about the social will be announced soon.
Emcee and Moderators
Nithya Ruff, Open Source Programs Office (OSPO) Manager at Amazon will serve as emcee.
Sunday, October 30th – Inclusion & Diversity
A look back at the 2021 event
University of Nebraska at Omaha and CHAOSS
2021 Topics and Sessions
- All In for Maintainers: Creating an Inclusive Culture Within Communities
- LGTM – limiting / being mindful of the use of acronyms
- Let Me Introduce Y’all to Y’all
- Adopting Open Source Practices to Build More Inclusive Products and Services
- CHAOSS Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Open Source Badging Initiative
- Careers in Tech: Calling All Majors!
- Building Inclusion Through Effective Moderation