Session: Panel – Successful Community Management in Open Source
Community organizing can be challenging not only for someone just getting started but for veteran leaders as well. This panel discussion will highlight a few major lessons learned while managing a community of volunteer contributors. These lessons will help new community organizers be successful whether their teams are writers, developers, designers, or speakers. Seasoned organizers can also pick up a few tips to add to their experience. All attendees will get valuable, pragmatic advice for community organizing.
This panel will discuss:
- Practical tips for starting, managing, and growing a community
- Details on several programs and their impact
- Tools, platforms, and communication routes that help with engagement
- How do we address diversity, equity, and inclusion?
- Review the dangers of volunteer burnout and how to avoid it
The audience will come away with a better understanding of what it’s like to be a community manager with practical advice that they can immediately apply to their job, even if that doesn’t involve organizing a community.
This track proudly sponsored by